Letter From the Principal
Dear Prospective Parents,
Thank you for showing an interest in St. Clare Catholic Academy. We pride ourselves in providing an excellent catholic education in an environment that is safe and conducive to learning. Our faculty and staff are dedicated and experienced.
Below please find all the information needed to register your child for the 2022-2023 school year.
St. Clare Catholic Academy parents have the opportunity to request a scholarship from the Diocese of Brooklyn. In order to apply, visit futuresineducation.org. I strongly encourage each family to apply. (Learn more about the program here.) If you do not have access to a computer or would like assistance in applying, please contact Mrs. Pinnock, Dean of Students, at 718-528-7174 ext. 28 for an appointment.
St. Clare Catholic Academy also offers a free Pre-K3( born in 2019) and Pre-K4 ( born in 2018) year old Program. Parents interested in this program must apply before April 14 for Pre-K 3 or March 18th for Pre-K4. Go to www.myschools.nyc .
Our code is: QAFF. If you do not have access to a computer or would like assistance in applying, please contact Mrs. Maynard, the Educational Director, at 718-528-7174 for an appointment.
For further information please do not hesitate to contact us at 718-528-7174 or visit our website at stclarecatholicacademy.org.
Thank you for considering catholic education for your child’s future success.
Mary Basile, Principal
Deanna Maynard, Assistant Principal
In order for your application to be reviewed and accepted, please ensure you complete the following:
- Complete the online application
- Complete the Registration Form. (NEW STUDENTS ONLY)
- Read and sign the back of the Financial Policy and the St. Clare Catholic Academy Contract. Your child will not be registered if the Financial Policy and Contract is not signed.
- Read our Uniform Policy.
- Complete the Emergency/Dismissal form.
- Fill out the Income Survey for E-Rate Program Calculations. (The information on this survey is for office use only.)
- Fill out the Religious Census form. (NEW STUDENTS ONLY)
- Fill out the permission to be used in media form.
- Attach a $100 Application Fee. Check or money order will be accepted.
- Submit the application along with paperwork listed below.
- Birth Certificate
- Baptismal Certificate if your child is Catholic
- Proof of Address (i.e. utility bill, bank statement)
- Social Security Card for your child
- Proof of Immunizations
- Copy of most current report card, and final report card from previous grade.
- Copy of Standardized Test Scores from 3rd grade on up
Please Note: Any applications missing paperwork or the Application Fee will be put in a hold file, preventing us to reserve a seat for your child, until all paperwork & fees have been received.
- All new students are on probation for the entire first year at St. Clare Catholic Academy; therefore, your child’s acceptance is conditional upon periodic academic and social evaluations by teachers and administration.
- Acceptance notification will be by e-mail. Please make sure you print your e-mail address clearly on the application. Once accepted the family has 10 days, from the date of the acceptance email to bring in the registration fee of $150.00. Your child’s seat is reserved once the registration fee has been received up until the first tuition payment for the next school year. If the first tuition payment is missed, your child’s seat is no longer saved. Attached with the acceptance letter will be a Health Form, Bus Application Form, Tuition Coupon Sheet, Early Morning/After-school Form and Uniform Information. (Flynn & O’Hara is the ONLY official uniform company for St. Clare Catholic Academy.)